Friday, April 2, 2010

Spacebar Scrolling Bug/Feature - CS4

Hi guys, recently upgraded to CS4 - loving it, so far - but I have come across a feature/possibly a bug that I'd like to switch off.

The best way I can explain it is this: When I have a tool selected, pressing the spacebar + another tool's hotkey (ie, if I have Magic Wand selected, pressing Spacebar + B, or, if I have Brush selected, pressing Spacebar + W) and then dragging the mouse causes the picture to zoom out a little ways, and pan with the spacebar.

I often accidentally press these button combinations while trying to pan around and change tools at the same time, and it's quite annoying when the panning throws me off. I took a look in preferences, but couldn't find anything to do with this, nor could I find a shortcut I could disable (since spacebar is not allowed in shortcuts).

I just updated to 11.0.1, and the zoom thing is still happening.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Spacebar Scrolling Bug/Feature - CS4

Interesting. This is the birds-eye view - officially brought up by holding the H key and click-dragging; but it appears to work with spacebar+%26lt;any tool shortcut%26gt; as well. I didn't know that.

AFAIK birds-eye view can't be turned off (?). You could try to disable the H (hand tool) shortcut, maybe that will kill the whole thing.

Spacebar Scrolling Bug/Feature - CS4

Aha, well at least we know what the problem is, in that case.

Unfortunately disabling the Hand tool does nothing - well, tell a lie, it actually makes it so spacebar + H does nothing, however spacebar + b, w, j, etc, still do it.

What's odd is that it only works for tools unselected - Spacebar + B + Drag does nothing if Brush is selected, haha.

Dhakkel wrote:

I often accidentally press these button combinations while trying to pan around and change tools at the same time, and it's quite annoying when the panning throws me off.

I turned that off the moment I installed CS4, it has nothing to do with this birds-eye-view problem.

Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment