Friday, April 2, 2010

Outputting Tagged Text Including Image...

I think this is a long-shot, but I wonder if this is possible:

I frequently typeset books in which images and captions are placed outside of the main text flow, at the top or bottom of the page.

At the end of the project, I export InDesign Tagged Text files and convert them to a form of xml and/or html.

I have to then go back and find the locations of the images and their captions and manually place them into an appropriate place in the main text flow.

Is there a way to export this information automatically? Ideally, I'd like to have the image's file name, page location, and caption placed automatically into the Tagged Text file, though I'd happily settle for just the image's file name and location.

Any suggestions for how to reliably automate this process would be appreciated. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment