Sunday, April 4, 2010

Create an US Letter sized PDF from a...

I have PDFs created in Illustrator, ranging in size from 2X2 to 4X7?and I want to be able to open them in a 8.5 X 11 PDF document. If I could do this consistently I would then be able to add the 8.5 X 11 Background needed for the finished document. I want to be able to open these PDFs into the 8.5 X 11 size to avoid cutting and pasting them into the 8.5 X 11 size PDF because copy and past in Acrobat often destroys transparency. Also, I'm in CS3 so I can't really add a second Artboard to archive this.

Mac OSX 10.5.8

Adobe CS3

Create an US Letter sized PDF from a...

In addition, is there any way to use a PDF document which contains form fields created in Acrobat as a Background and keep the forms enabled to Reader users. I have tried to set a form up as a Background using Document%26gt;Background%26gt;Add to place a Form, but I can't get the form to retain the Extended Features in Reader. Even though the File%26gt;Properties%26gt;Security state the filling of form fields is allowed.

Create an US Letter sized PDF from a...

Well, I have this issue solved. I now know I can change the page size to what ever I want it to be with the Document%26gt;Crop Pagesé–³?I just can't figure out how to get the Form and Form Fields into this PDF on the same page as the small PDF I started with. I can't use the Touch Up Object tool because it doesn't retain the Form cells. Guess I'll keep brainstorming here until I figure this out. Kinda' like talking to myself. AAWWK.

If you crop pages so that there is no extra whitespace in fact there is a checkbox for that on the Crp menu that opens.

Then when you go to print choose :

Click on Page scaling and set to desired. make sure auto rotate and center is checked it will add the proper amount of white space right,left,top,bottom.

(Please note information is given by an Experienced User of Acrobat. I am not an employee of Adobe.)

No comments:

Post a Comment