Friday, April 2, 2010

Can someone help me validate?

I am very very new to this whole html, css, and website-building thing. I am currently having a lot of issues pertaining to my site, www.taktion.com,?and what it looks like in internet explorer. Somebody told me to validate it, so i did, and got back 84 errors in my html. I have NO idea what any of these are and have no idea on how to fix them. Can somebody please help me through this? I am completely lost right now. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Can someone help me validate?

I cant help you with all 84 but I can help with some and give you an idea of what to do

Line 187, Column 23: document type does not allow element ''p'' here; missing one of ''object'', ''applet'', ''map'', ''iframe'', ''button'', ''ins'', ''del''

Your first one....you cant have a %26lt;p%26gt; tag within a %26lt;span%26gt; tag. You need to remove it and find another way for it to work

Can someone help me validate?

I cant help you with all 84 but I can help with some and give you an idea of what to do

Line 187, Column 23: document type does not allow element ''p'' here; missing one of ''object'', ''applet'', ''map'', ''iframe'', ''button'', ''ins'', ''del''

Your first one....you cant have a %26lt;p%26gt; tag within a %26lt;span%26gt; tag. You need to remove it and find another way for it to work

see, that was the only thing i got out of it, but like i stated before, im very new to this, and have no idea how i would work around that. im not asking to help with all 84, but if you helped me with just this one, i think id be able to gain a little understanding. thanks for the help so far!

Try removing your paragraph tag

all of my paragraph tags? i tried that and that definitely didnt do anything right..haha..you gotta talk to me like im a 5 year old trying to fix this =)

Too be honest, you have a pretty messy website. Theres stuff everywhere and Im not even going to attempt to help you step by step. I told you what you need to do so you're going to have to play with it until it works for you. Theres a way around everything. You just need patience. You may have a lot of errors but you wont need to fix that many. Usually there are a few errors for each problem so they will go down pretty quickly

i wasnt expecting anybody to help me step by step until i have an amazing website. I really do appreciate your help. i was just asking what paragraph tag you wanted me to try deleting. i have a lot of them. But again, i appreciate you even trying to help right now.

Listen to what everyone says in your other posts. You're in over your head. Learning the basics and starting over isnt a bad thing. You'll appreciate it in the end

yes, i am going to re-do it, but i want to start by re-sizing my site..but since i am very new to this, im going to have to ask how i would do that. Last thing before i go on my own!

Maybe you should considder buying an extension like CSS sculptor from web assist. It helps you build a CSS layout fast and when your knowledge of HTML and CSS grows there eay to edit. Maybe this tool gives you a headstart.

You can also check out these tutorials from Adobe.

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/dreamweaver/css.html

If you want to re-size your site, you do that in your body. But I dont recommend it

wait, dont re-size my site? ive had multiple people tell me to do so because its too wide..

Ok, i just answered on the other post too.

You can definitely try and re-size your page but from just looking at it, I wouldnt try to resize it with just a smaller width in your body. When they suggested to resize, im sure they meant to resize by redesigning what you already have

Please. Put this site aside. Learn some html and css. Learn how Dreamweaver works. Follow some tutorials. Make a boringly simple site that works and validates. Only embellish when you know what you are doing. Otherwise you risk recreating the same (sorry) dog's breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment