Friday, April 2, 2010

Flash 8 - Time Line Effects - How do I...

This may be a stupid simple question. But I am unable to figure out how to edit a Transition Time Line Effect once it's been implemented.

I added the effect with no problems, but I need to make some adjustments to the fade now (because I am using the Transition effect), and I cannot find the controls again.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance.

Flash 8 - Time Line Effects - How do I...

You can only edit the effect from the keyframes (the frame with the circle at the beginning and end of the arrow).?Click on the beginning keyframe to edit what the object looked like at the beginning, and the end keyframe to edit it at the end.

If you want to edit something in the middle (add another step) select that spot and add a keyframe there.

Flash 8 - Time Line Effects - How do I...

Thanks Ross,

That was certainly helpful. I guess there is no way to edit the existing effect as it stands once it is Saved. It needs to be added to or recreated. Am I correct on this assumption?

Not true.?As I stated, simply select the keyframe from the beginning or end of the tween, and change the object.?That will change the tween.

Maybe I am not clear.

Initial when I created the ''Effect'', I had a control panel dialog that allowed me to adjust and tweek the effects of the object. I am trying to enter that dialog control box again, so I can make adjustments to all the effects as needed. Are you saying I cannot use the control box? I need to do adjustments manually?

Ah, I misunderstood.?I thought you meant a motion/shape tween on the timeline.

I've never used the pre-built Effects, so I'm not sure how they implement.?It is likely, if you cannot get to the control panel again, you will simply need to remove it and re-apply.

I would not normally use these Effects like this, but I wanted to try something new, and I think it has some shortcomings for editing once laid down. Not a bad feature for a quick prototype, but for lots of edits and manipulation not a very good way to go.

Thanks for your thoughts.

  • skin blackheads
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment