Sunday, April 4, 2010

Lightroom 2.5 Upgrade fails to install...

Having just upgraded from LR 2.4 to LR 3.5 as Administrator, I am unable to select any camera profile except one listed as ''Beta'' when logged on as a User.?The Adobe provided camera profiles that I've come to expect are ALL missing.

It appears that Adobe provided camera profiles have been installed at C;\Documents and Settings\All Users\... and NONE are located at C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\...

Is this expected installation behaviour?

Shouldn't the camera profiles be located at some other location that allows anyone logging on to my computer to see ALL Adobe provided camera profiles?

How do I fix this problem so that ALL that log on can see the Adobe provided camera profiles?

Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated!

Lightroom 2.5 Upgrade fails to install...

The LR installer should install all the profiles for all supported cameras.

Profiles are selectable in Develop module from the camera calibration tab while working with RAW files.

The only profiles that will be displayed will be the ones specific to the camera model for the file selected.

Profiles for other cameras and models will not be displayed.

No profiles are selectable or displayed while working with jpeg, psd or tiff files.

Lightroom 2.5 Upgrade fails to install...

See my answer to this in the other thread. There is no full support for your camera (a 7D) yet, (see here for the full list from which your camera is conspicuously missing) which is why you only see a beta profile. I'm sure in the next update LR will get full profile support for it.

Thanks gentlemen for your quick replies.?Between the two of you, I now know why I saw the camera calibration selections I mentioned in my original post.

My recent purchase of the Canon EOS 7D generated the ''Beta'' profile based on the fact that Adobe has published a camera profile for this particular Canon model.?I was however to produce such a profile for this particular camera via Xrite's Color Checker Passport.

Again, thank you for your replies.?They are appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment