Sunday, April 4, 2010

Ilustrator CS4+Snow Leopard Profile...

Seems like something is not working in Cs4 Illustrator with Snow Leopard. Can someone give it a try to verify.

When I print to my Epson 3800 from Illust. It's not matching the same image printed via PS Cs4. ( It should if you follow a controlled workflow--which I do)

At first thought it was a color management issue, but everything is synchronized via Bridge, and I am using the same print settings, paper profiles , etc in both apps.

I then tried saving as a pdf in Illustrator. Same thing is occuring. Seems like the profile is not ''sticking''.

I did not have this issue before Snow Leopard.

If I open the Illustrator created PDF via Photoshop, then everything is ok....what is happening?

( have the newest drivers from Epson)

Norbert

Ilustrator CS4+Snow Leopard Profile...

No advice?

I have resorted to saving as eps from Illustrator and then creating a PDF from the eps using distiller. Then the profile for images seem to be recognized. Otherwise if I save as pdf directly from Illustrator to pdf, images are too overexposed--as are colors too light. (same issue occurs if directly printing via Illust,)

No comments:

Post a Comment