Sunday, April 4, 2010

Difficulty / Memory overruns going from...

I am running Vista (letest SP's and updates) and an Intel Quad core @ 2.33 (or so), 4 gb RAM.

Using PE7, I have been unable to complete a project.?I import 2-60 minute HDV tapes via firewire and using PE7 I splice them together, put in a menu and add in a few chapters.?I then start the burn process which takes my quad cores up to 98% of their processing potential and tells me it is going to take 44 hours to complete the project?Typically it won't even make it to the burn phase before it gives me a ''buffer overrun'' error and shuts eveything down. I've even shut all other processes down in an attempt to complete a project, but it does not help.

Seems straightforward enough - capture, a little editing and burn, but it doesn't work.?Am i missing something???Rendering beforehand was mentioned in another forum as a way to make the project more manageable - what is rendering??Should I be doing it??If so, how??

Difficulty / Memory overruns going from...

Are you using the right project preset? You should be using the project preset for HDV video -- and, when you place your clips on the project timeline, there should NOT be a red line above them.

Is that what's happening?

Difficulty / Memory overruns going from...

No - but MAYBE I chose the incorrect preset before, I don't recall.?It has been a while because it's so discouraging to ruin another Bluray.?Anyway, I restarted another project, HDV preset, no red line.?Got throught the project with less slow down that I recall, certainly no crashes.?About to burn my first project - one question:?1440x1080 (which is obviously how it is recorded) or should I burn at 1920x1080??1920x1080 seems like it might be compatible with more bluray players BUT I'm worried about making another Bluray coaster,

I recommend you use the default project preset. (Although there are two sizes listed, they produce the same size video -- the pixels are just shaped differently.)