Sunday, April 4, 2010

RAM and Virtual RAM Problems with...

I'm working on a Fireworks file with 25 pages and some heavy graphics. However, I've turned some of the heavy objects into symbols which are repeated from page to page.

The file is 17 Mb and my Virtual Memory bumps to 3.4 Gigs when I open this file and things are slow and often crash. I'm working on a Mac with CS4 and have 4 Gigs of RAM. The actual ram is 2.27 GB. Seems like a crap ton of Ram? Plus it's running slow and crashes regularly.

Please advise if there are settings I can change to improve the performance.

RAM and Virtual RAM Problems with...

Wow! Why so many pages? It's pretty unusual for a web site to have 25 different ones. Most of the time you would just be designing an index page and a sample content page.

RAM and Virtual RAM Problems with...

I usually do a lot of the inner pages because we take care to design all the primary inner pages so that we know what the layout will work like and how the user will experience things like signing up or paying for something.

Is there a reason that FW could not handle 25 pages? Do you have any suggestions for the RAM issue or anything else with files of this size?

  • scars
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment