Friday, April 2, 2010

Embedding Font for ability to edit on...

I create marketing materials in Illustrator and save as pdfs for our clients' use. I put generic text in for Company Name and XXX-XXX-XXXX so they can put in their own phone number. Even though the fonts appear as embedded in the properties, many users get the ''no system font available-substitution will occur'' message when trying to edit in Acrobat. It even happens when I open the document in Acrobat on my own machine.

Is there anyway to avoid this so our clients don't get confused?

I'm on a Mac, but most of them are on PCs. I always try to use Arial, Times and Courier since they should have those font installed.

Can I count on Acrobat substituting their Arial for my Arial, etc.?

Embedding Font for ability to edit on...

Instead of having them change existing text, how about leaving that area blank then adding a form field for them to fill in. The type of editing you want to do is inherently flawed.

  • skin blackheads
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment