Sunday, April 4, 2010

CS4 Design Premium Suite Uninstall Error

I work in an enterprise network environment and am responsible for making 1 click installs of software programs.?I have created an install package for Photoshop CS4 Extended using Uberinstaller.?I needed to include uninstall functions for previous versions for Photoshop, (CS2, CS3, CS4 (individual and as part of the suite)).?I have scripted the uninstalls of CS2/3 and the individual install of Photoshop CS4.?When I try and script the uninstall of just the Photoshop in the CS4 Suite, the adobe setup returns error code 7.?Here is part of my script where I am having problems.

''C:\program files\common files\adobe\installers\''that long string of random looking characters''\setup.exe'' --uninstall=1 --mode=silent --deploymentFile=''C:\photoshop.cs4.removal.xml''


This line works for the individually installed photoshop cs4, but not the photoshop that is installed as a suite.?I have changed the ''that long string of random looking characters'' to reflect the different path for the ''setup.exe''.?I can see setup.exe file running in task manager, but after a minute it ends, and I get the error code.?The deploymentFile is the same as the one I used for the individual install of photoshop, since the adobe payload code is the same.?Any ideas on why it won't uninstall?

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment